Great question! Our purpose, the reason we exist, is to drag the fractured laundry industry into the green age and to eliminate the impact of washing on our planet and us. We do this by reimagining the process from start to finish with sustainability at the heart of everything we do. To give you some examples of how we are achieving this:
- We wash items at ambient temperatures using biodegradable chemistry which is free of the harmful phosphates, microplastics and artificial brighteners found in most detergents. Traditional dry cleaning is done using PERC which is a highly toxic solvent that is not only damaging to your clothes and the environment but is also a known carcinogen.
- Our ozone supersaturation system kills 99% of germs without high temperatures, bringing down our energy consumption.
- Our machines use 60% less water in the first place and our Oxford water reclamation system recycles up to 70% of the water from each cycle, saving over 110 litres of water per cycle - enough to fill a spacious bath.
- We have filters to prevent microplastics going into the ocean, that already account for 30% of all plastic pollution in our oceans.
- On top of that, we perform all of our logistics in fully electric vehicles, we have a fleet of electric cargo bikes that we use as our primary means of collection and delivery but we also have a 100% electric van for larger deliveries - so no gross diesel fumes.
- All of this helps us to save 3.3 kilos of CO2e per each 12-kilo washing cycle - emissions equal to a beef burger.
- We nurture working conditions where our employees can thrive, paying a Living Wage, providing training and mental health support.
- Please have a look at our Annual Impact Report to learn more about our commitments and actions!